Good morning from Maine From where we are walking it seems like it is barely spring, like a week in the middle of summer. Yesterday the temperature rose to 6 Fahrenheit and today it is going to be warmer For the first time in 2022, it’s going to be great to have fun playing outside, biking and wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Another sign that spring is rapidly turning into summer is the increase in the number of bird nests around our homes. Even Grosbeck houses on our property. This week a male grosbike started going to our window bird feeder during our dinner. We enjoy the show by providing nature. I hope you can do the same wherever you are. Speaking of which, Steven Rinela has published a new book that I recommend to anyone who is interested in getting kids out and getting involved with nature. Its title is Outdoor Kids in an Inside World.
This week’s most popular post was:
1. Three tools for creating year-end slideshow videos quickly and easily
2. How to create and send personalized certificates in Google Workspace
3. Quick and easy way to remove image background
4. Create location-based reminders in Google Keep
5. Living Wage vs. Minimum Wage
6. How to create your own virtual reality tour
7. SplashLearn – More than just fun math and ELA practice
I’m going back to the streets this summer to personally host professional development workshops! If you would like me to come to your school, please contact me soon.
Spring and summer webinars
I run professional development webinars throughout the year. I will host a free one-hour webinar for any school or group who purchases ten or more copies of 50 Tech Tuesday tips.
Thanks to this month’s banner advertisers!
- The Kikori app offers a huge library of SEL activities for all ages.
- WriteReader is a great tool for writing multimedia.
Other places to follow me:
- The Practical Ad Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening / Monday morning. It contains my favorite tip of the week and the most popular posts of free technology week for teachers
- My YouTube channel has over 41,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos in a wide array of educational technology tools.
- I’m tweeting as @ Armbirn For fifteen years.
- There are new and old posts from this blog throughout the week on the Free Technology Facebook page for teachers.
- If you are interested in my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.
This post originally appeared on FreeTech4Teachers.com. Used without permission if viewed elsewhere. The sites that stole my (Richard Byrne’s) work include Icons Daily and Daily Dose. Featured image by Richard Byrne.