Most of the time, we like to think that school is almost the same no matter where you teach. If not. We asked our followers in the south to share the signs you teach, and huh boy, what they have delivered!
1. Your first name might be “mam”
Photo shared by Shelley S.
“My kids always say ‘yes, ma’am.'” – Barbara P.
2. Phonology takes an interesting turn
Pictures via WikiHow
“When we teach phonology, we have to tell them what letters to say in the sound, not what we say with our tongs.” – Kelly T.
3. You will get a moon pie and an RC cola for complimenting the teachers
Photo shared by Lisa T.
4. Your poster falls off the wall
“Things fall off the walls in the summer because the air conditioners are off in the summer. Hot glue and adhesive tacks fail due to heat and humidity. “- Stacey W.
5. Schools are closed even if there is a possibility of snow
“10% chance of snow … school closed!” – Dean B.
6. Your school cafeteria serves the best fried chicken in town
“Fried Chicken Day happens every Thursday and the common man knows it. Lots of to-go orders from local businesses. “- Laura C.
7. Crawfish Cook-Off is your school’s largest fundraiser
“Most of our school fundraisers are in crayfish, jambalaya or pastala.” – LCE.
8. It’s 95 degrees out but you still need a sweater at work because A / C never stops
“The air conditioner runs eight in nine months.” – Caroline S.
9. You go back to school earlier than in other parts of the country, but you also go out earlier
Although it may feel painful in early August, we will take a vacation starting in May.
10. And finally, your students know the real key to your heart
Image through Stephen Wayne
“Sonic drinks are the language of our love!” – Kelly G.